A pause before breakfast... Rudi's Gluten Free Cinnamon Raisin Bread

When I first went gluten free over 3 years ago, I really missed a good piece of bread. First I bought some of the brown rice breads at Trader Joe and Whole Foods but to be blunt, they were disgusting. Dense, crumbly, no taste, no softness. Then I tried Kinnikinnick sandwich bread, hamburger rolls and pizza crusts which were much better but almost too soft,  kind like Wonder Bread for the gluten free community. So I started baking which enlightened me to the fact that there is such a thing as great tasting gluten free bread. But breadmaking takes time (even when I use my Zohirushi bread machine) and although I always try to have a few pieces in the freezer I always end up with a few weeks here and there without bread in the house. Enter Rudi's. No, not Udi's - who is also a fine bread and excellent pizza crust maker, but Rudi's. I first had Rudi's multi-grain bread at Erik's Deli as they have recently started offering gluten free sandwiches. It was very tasty. So when our local Sprouts market had their gluten free sale and I saw Rudi's Cinnamon Raisin bread in the freezer, I just had to try it. Boy am I glad I did. This stuff is the real deal - after my first piece, toasted with some peanut butter on top, for the first time since going gluten free I could not recall what a glutenous piece of cinnamon raisin bread tasted like - it was that good! So I've found a new staple for my freezer. Thanks Rudi's!

What's your favorite commercial gluten free bread and why?

Comments

  1. Thanks Jina for the compliments! We are glad you found us and hope you keep enjoying Rudi's Gluten-Free Breads!

    In case you haven't heard we have joined forces with the National Foundation for Celiac Awareness (NFCA) with a 'Spread the Bread' campaign. For every $1 off coupon downloaded at http://www.rudisglutenfree.com/spread-the-bread-coupon/ Rudi's will donate $1 to the NFCA to help in their efforts for celiac education and diagnosis.

    Thanks again for the nice words!
    -Maggie, Rudi's Gluten-Free Bakery

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Maggie! I actually have the coupon but unfortunately my printer and coupons.com don't agree with each other. Hopefully I'll remember to print it at work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Flying Gluten Free

Product Review: Mom's Place Gluten Free Soft Pretzel Mix and more...

Product Review : deSIAM Peanut & Coconut Thai Sauce