Product Review: Goodie Girl S'Mores Sandwich Cookies & new branding

 Goodie Girl sent me some boxes of their new S'Mores Sandwich Cookie to try as part of this weekend's virtual Nourished Festival.  I've been a huge fan and unofficial ambassador of Goodie Girl cookies for years and wrote about them back in 2017 as a how-to-not-feel-left-out when Girl Scouts Cookie season approaches. Since then, Goodie Girl has added many new products including breakfast biscuits and a variety of sandwich cookies including an Oreo-like Chocolate Cream Sandwich and ever-so-fun Birthday Cake Sandwich

Let me tell you, their sandwich cookies are the best out there- even better than gluten varieties like Oreo. The new S'More is also delicious. I'm not sure how they do it but they are full of flavor, not too crispy and the filling is oh-so-satisfying w/o having to make your own "double stuffed" variety. I still like the Glutino sandwich cookies but can't stand the other gluten free brands and if given a choice, will pick Goodie Girl every time - even if I could eat gluten.

What I still find so hard to believe is that in addition to being gluten free, they are baked without:

  • artificial colors or preservatives
  • high fructose corn syrup
  • peanuts
  • eggs
  • dairy

You can find Goodie Girl cookies in many grocery stores -  I've found them at Safeway, Target, Whole Foods and Walmart. 

Specific to the new S'More, this is a sandwich cookie where one side is a touch-o-cinnamon graham-flavored cookie and the other side is a chocolate cookie with that delicious creamy center. It really does remind me of S'Mores. I will say from a packaging standpoint, since the cookies sit side-by-side in the packaging, the graham side did have many specs of chocolate cookie crumb but it does not look bad, just different. 

But regardless of how they look, it's all about how they taste and oh they are good! I have not seen them in my local stores yet but I'll be keeping an eye out for them.  They've also updated their branding this year so keep a look out for the new packaging.You can also order directly from the Goodie Girl site which will route you to your favorite online grocer such as Amazon, Target and InstaCart. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flying Gluten Free

Product Review: Mom's Place Gluten Free Soft Pretzel Mix and more...

Product Review : deSIAM Peanut & Coconut Thai Sauce