My new favorite gluten free pasta - isiBisi

Last fall I attended the Nourished Festival in San Mateo. I go to this expo every time it comes to town (which has been 4-5 times over the last decade). I enjoy chatting with the vendors and sampling new products. This is where I discovered some past favorites such as Bread SRSLY (https://breadsrsly.com/) and Spinato's  Frozen Pizza (https://www.spinatos.com/). 

Of all the products I tried at this past expo, the one I waited months to find online and now purchase regularly is isiBisi pasta (https://www.isibisigfpasta.com/). I've found it on both Amazon as well as directly at the isiBisi web site (https://www.isibisigfpasta.com/). I've also asked my local grocery store to carry it, but I guess it's not available through their distributors yet so I stock up online.

Prior to trying isiBisi, my favorite pasta was Barilla Gluten Free which is still very good- I especially like their gluten free lasagna noodles as I can use them uncooked in pan and they hold together well. isiBisi is different though - it has the taste of a good pasta with the perfect texture- just a little give. Also, I find isiBisi does not get as mushy as Barilla and other  brands. isiBisi is more expensive than Barilla, one reason why I hope my local market will be able to someday carry it.

isiBisi has many shapes. My daughter once made a "Lasagna Soup" and the Baby Mafalda was perfect- think "sides of a curly lasagna noodle". 
I love their fettuccini with some pesto, shrimp and veggies. They have both flat and nest style. Their elbows do a great job holding the cheese for mac & cheese - an issue I have with the Barilla elbows. Basically every shape I've tried has been delicious. 

If you too love isiBisi please urge your local markets to carry it. If enough of us ask, perhaps our wishes will be granted!

Here are some links to purchase on Amazon - note if you purchase via link, this site earns a small commission. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flying Gluten Free

Product Review: Mom's Place Gluten Free Soft Pretzel Mix and more...

Product Review : deSIAM Peanut & Coconut Thai Sauce