Product Review: Grab the Gold

 As part of participating as a blogger for the @NourishedFestival, Grab the Gold sent me product samples of 2 of their bars: peanut butter & jelly, and peanut butter & chocolate, as well as a protein shake jar and container of Immune Boost Shot drink powder. 

Grab The Gold Bars


First off, I've tried dozens of gluten free bars and to be honest, most I find pretty vile, and up until now my favorite bar has been homemade honey granola bars. When I've attended past Nourished Festivals, most of the time when I'd see a booth for bars, I'd walk past it. It's possible @GrabTheGold has been at the festival and I missed out - their bars are an exception. 

Of all the products I've received thus far with respect to the @NourishedFestival, my family and I cannot stop eating the @GrabTheGold bars. Both are delicious but I must say my favorite are the peanut butter and chocolate bars, as there is a thin layer of creamy peanut butter inside which makes me feel like I've found a secret treasure inside. The bars are a bit like dry cookie dough with little crunchy pieces inside (I think these are soy protein - there are 11 grams of protein in every bar). The main ingredients are oats and peanut butter. I will definitely be buying these once I run out of samples. Since trying them I've had one a day when I get into my mid afternoon "I want to binge" time, and they do cut down on my cravings. Grab The Gold bars are gluten free, dairy free, vegan, kosher certified and even have 7 grams of fiber each, and under 200 calories to boot. They do contain peanuts, soy and corn. 

Immune Boost Shot



Over the years I've bought drink tablets that promise to boost my immunity. I would take one when I felt like I was fighting a cold, and I've never been a fan of the aftertaste. The Immune Boost Shot is a powder which comes in a single plastic jar with a little scooper - one container holds enough powder for about 30 8-10oz servings. Just add to water or your favorite beverage. I wouldn't say this tastes great to me, but it's not vile, and I do like it better than the tablets I have tried from Target and Airborne. What I really like is that it's in a bulk powder jar - there was not as much processing that had to go into making it and 1 small jar for 30 servings is a better use of packaging. Each shot has 1000mg of vitamin C plus elderberry, echinacea and zinc. After a month of breathing wildfire smoke, I must say I have been feeling weary, and I've been taking one immune shot daily for the past week. I don't know if it's the shot, the respite from the smoke or a combination but I am feeling a bit stronger- I even made it through a 6 mile walk yesterday and tough yoga routine this morning after being unable to do much of anything for weeks. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flying Gluten Free

Product Review: Mom's Place Gluten Free Soft Pretzel Mix and more...

Product Review : deSIAM Peanut & Coconut Thai Sauce