Product Review: Flax4Life Brownies & Muffins

As part of participating as a blogger for the @NourishedFestival, Flax4Life sent me product samples of their muffins and brownies. 

I've tried the Flax4Life products a past @NourishedFestival and to be honest, don't recall much about the experience. I was happy to receive samples of 5 brownie and 3 muffin varieties to try at home. Flax4Life products are made with flax which is high in fiber, omega-3 fatty acid (healthy fat) and protein. Folks with egg allergies often use flax as an egg substitute in recipes. Their products are gluten free, dairy free, egg-free, and kosher. 

Brownies

So far we have tried the chocolate, dark cherry and toasted coconut brownies. I will update this post once we've tasted the cappuccino and mint chocolate flavors (we have been saving these for last as we are most excited about them).  My husband, who is a chocoholic, really likes the chocolate flavor in both the chocolate and toasted coconut varieties. I think all 3 that we've tried so far are delicious. My favorite is the toasted coconut as I love the dense chocolate chewiness of the brownie combined with the texture of coconut flakes. These brownies would be perfect snacks on road trips, airplanes, cafeteria lunches and at hotel restaurants and elite member lounges as a gluten free treat option. 

Muffins

I've tried the blueberry and carrot raisin varieties so far. We have been saving the chocolate muffin for last and I will update this post once we taste it. Unlike the brownies which have soft yet rich chewy texture, the muffins are more like a bran muffin - dense and grainy. I prefer a lighter muffin so for the most part, I'm not a fan. I must say the bites of carrot raisin I had which had a raisin in it were much better than those without. I doubt I'd buy the carrot raisin or blueberry varieties but look forward to trying the chocolate soon. 

Other Products

I noticed at the Flax4Life web site that they also make granola, cakes and toaster buns. I'll be on the lookout specifically for the granola and toaster buns as there are items that I always have trouble finding when I travel - if they are good, I'll be contacting the hotel chain I'm an elite member at to see if they can stock them at their elite member lounges (I'm already going to contact them about the brownies!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Flying Gluten Free

Product Review: Mom's Place Gluten Free Soft Pretzel Mix and more...

Product Review : deSIAM Peanut & Coconut Thai Sauce